November 22, 2019We’re Hiring a Network Organizer!
The non-profit environmental health and justice network, Coming Clean, is seeking to hire a Network Organizer to join its team.
Coming Clean is a national environmental health network of over 160 organizations and 380 issue experts with an affiliate national environmental justice network working to unleash the power of principled collaboration for environmental health and justice to create a nontoxic, sustainable and just world for all.
Position Summary Description:
Coming Clean is seeking a Network Organizer to drive member engagement across its network of over 160 organizations and 380 issue experts including, policy advocates, market campaigners, technical experts and community organizers working together to further environmental and economic health and justice. A person in this role will be adept at building relationships, spotting opportunities, and making meaningful connections. The Network Organizer will serve as a key link between network members and opportunities for engagement, managing member onboarding and network communications tools; working closely with Coming Clean staff to plug members into opportunities for deeper engagement; monitoring the pulse of the network and bringing ideas to the leadership team to inform new strategies; and coordinating the development of resources and trainings to strengthen the network’s impact.
The Network Organizer is a full-time, salaried position with benefits.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Maximize participation of network members in our campaigns, projects, and collaborative activities through close coordination with Initiative leaders and staff
- Build relationships with members, working closely with Initiative Leaders and Coming Clean staff to actively help them form valuable connections, identify opportunities for deeper engagement, and make use of relevant resources and trainings
- Maintain a map of the network, regularly assessing gaps, setting and monitoring engagement goals and metrics, and identifying opportunities to deepen member engagement
- Solicit and onboard new members, producing resources and trainings to support onboarding as needed
- Moderate network communication tools, facilitating discussion, ensuring accuracy of information and adherence to network principles, and coordinating answers to questions and requests
- Monitor the pulse of the network, synthesizing trends, and bringing ideas to the leadership team to inform new communications, collaboration opportunities (including new Initiatives and Teams), and topics for meetings
- Review and organize resources and trainings shared by members, track requests for new resources and trainings, and coordinate their development with members and Coming Clean staff
- You have 3+ years’ experience working on economic and/or environmental health and justice issues
- You have recent experience in developing communities or organizing groups or individuals into effective communities, online and offline
- You demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communication skills that enable you to tactfully inspire and motivate
- You are adept at managing cross-stakeholder relationships and are able to work effectively with individuals and organizations with diverse backgrounds, interests and priorities
- You have working operational knowledge and understanding of online community tools and best practices (forums, blogs, brand tone/voice, commenting etc.)
- You excel at both spotting high-level trends and making one-on-one connections
- You are able to accommodate communication with partners across time zones, including periodic evening, night or early morning calls
- You are organized and able to manage multiple tasks at once within established deadlines
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in other education and/or experience.
- Spanish language skills preferred but not required
Preferred Locations: Brattleboro, VT, Portland, ME, Philadelphia, PA and Washington, DC
Salary Range & Benefits: $45,000 - $50,000 annual salary
Benefits include a retirement program, health insurance reimbursement arrangement, life insurance, disability insurance and vacation and unplanned leave.
Application Process and Timeline: The application period will remain open until December 9, 2019. Please submit the following materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter, telling us who you are and why you are interested in and qualified for this position
- Three professional employment references
Coming Clean is an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to dismantling racism, sexism and other oppressions within our organization and in society as a whole. As such, Coming Clean does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or religion. People of color, women and people of all abilities are particularly encouraged to apply.